I started programming when I was 12 years old. I have always been interested in the Web and web technologies. While I have extensive full-stack skills, I prefer working on back-end systems. I'm interested in functional programming, high scalability, computer networks and open source development. When I'm not on my computer, I like to spend my time volunteering or hiking.
Red Cross 2013-09-26 —
Independent international humanitarian organisation.
- Active as a Red Cross volunteer, I frequently volunteer for PHAs (treating and helping injured people at big events)
- Attained certification Helper (Basis), Helper (Vervolgcursus), B2 (Interventie) and C2 (Verzorging) at the Flemish Red Cross
Speelplein De Speelberg 2011-08-15 —
Speelplein De Speelberg is Beveren-Leie's local playground, open 4 to 5 weeks every summer holiday.
- Responsible for all financial matters: administration, managing income and paying suppliers
- Responsible for managing an average of 30 volunteers together with the core volunteer team
- Helped with FabLab Junior, a FabLab for children to get them interested in STEM studies
- Organised a musical festival aimed at children
Vlaamse Dienst Speelpleinwerking 2015-02-01 —
Joined the umbrella organisation for Flemish playgrounds as a volunteer to transfer my enthousiasm and knowledge to less experienced playwork volunteers.
- During the working year, I attend 2 to 3 meetings a week with several working groups
- Involved with PSF (Planning, Strategie en Financiën), Ploegcoaching (working group supporting the volunteer crew), Cursusinhoud (writing and evaluating instructions for instructors)...
- Sharpened my soft skills and gained a feeling for transferring knowledge effectively
Howest, University College West Flanders 2014-02-01 — 2016-07-01
Taalwedstrijd HUB - Third place (English)
Web Development (Front-End)
Web Development (Back-End)
- Play! Framework
- Horse riding
- Functional Programming
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment