Vector Legal Method 2017-11-01 — 2018-09-28
Vector Legal Method is the first collaborative litigation management platform for corporate legal departments and law firms.
- Converted Angular app to use less and implement other current front-end best practices like reactive forms
- Cleaned up application architecture into resuable modules and components
- Wrote unit tests across all existing components
- Built dynamic and resuable components to be used throughout application to rapidly speed up new feature deliveries
- Refactored large problem areas of codebase into cleaner and more readable components
- Build metrics dashboard in D3
Fire Engine Red 2015-12-05 — 2017-09-23
Fire Engine RED is an innovative technology, marketing, and modeling solutions company that’s served the education market since 2001.
- Refactored Gulp process into tasks to benefit different team needs
- Refactored large code features into modular, more usable and testable patterns
- Implemented karma + Jasmine for JS testing and integrated into existing build process
- Wrote documentation for how to get Selenium acceptance + regression tests running on local envs
- Helped reduce outstanding front-end bug tickets by ~60%
SMRxT 2015-01-10 — 2015-11-12
SMRxT is a medication adherence software application.
- Fixed bugs in existing code to improve legacy app loadtime and usage
- Designed UI for new SPA based on customer feedback and user stories
- Built 3 single page applications for authentication, inventory, and clinical usage
- Implemented Auth0 and SSO across 3 apps
- Architected 3 apps + consistent build process for deployment
MindMixer/My Sidewalk 2014-07-01 — 2015-01-07
MySidewalk is a civic engagement platform that allows citizens to communication with civic entities and government officials.
- Built statistic display feature in Angular combining various data endpoints from application
- Built polling place location feature based on populated civic data
- Implemented .csv parsing feature on front-end to allow users to easily bulk import contacts
- Automated emails to notify sales team when app users requested admin rights and page ownership
- Implemented notifications ui for user interactions
- Implemented front-end testing standards and pair-programmed with other developers to help them learn testing
VML 2011-12-07 — 2014-07-01
VML is Kansas City's largest digital marketing agency.
- Revlon - Developed Facebook app for award-winning Revlon Expression Experiment
- Bayer Animal Health - Built product locator using Google Maps API, added new product pages and microsites for PetParents.com CMS
- Kashi Protein - Stepped in to help fix poor implementation of knockout.js on short timeline, mentored peers in proper front-end MVC architecture and use of knockout.js
- Gatorade - Built One-Up social media campaign app using Instagram’s API (Finalist for 2014 Shorty awards)
- Gatorade - Built Win from Within Campaign integrating with Facebook’s API
- Gatorade.com - Built Gatorade.com responsive website on Sitefinity, fixed 100% of bugs reported on daily basis
- Science of Gatorade - Built Science-of-G microsite animations and overlays
- Korean Air - Lead content team in building features supporting content from Adobe CQ5 platform, and on-boarded and managed external resources in Bogata, Columbia
- Korean Air - Implemented Korean 3rd party services for citizen internet authentication
- Internal VML - Created user-group uniting all front-end developers, promoted knowledge sharing, thought leadership, and community involvement, lead hackathon team on community service day to build community garden map application
Softvu 2011-02-01 — 2011-12-01
SoftVu is a marketing automation firm in the mortgage industry.
- Consistantly delivered designs approved 1st round by clients
- Implemented new systems for building and organizing content, along with documenting company designer role
- Created design concepts for new client campaigns within existing brand guidelines (landing pages, ecards, introduction videos, email templates)
Kansas City Women in Technology 2013-10-01 — 2018-09-28
Organization with a mission of growing the number of women in technology careers in Kansas City. Hosts networking events for women in technology and runs programs workshops to introduce girls and women to coding.
- Grew membership to 1200+ women
- Grown and coached a volunteer leadership team of 40+ people
- Created Tech sHeroes, a tech-focused mentoring for middle school girls
- Created Coding & Cupcakes, a coding workshop for mothers and daughters
- Created Coding & Cocktails, a introductory series for women wanting to learn to code
- Led collaboration between different groups to grow Kansas City's tech landscape.
CoderDojoKC 2013-10-01 — 2015-11-01
Local chapter of CoderDojo, a global non-profit teaching youth to code. CoderDojoKC brings the best technologists in Kansas City together to mentor kids and teach problem solving skills, teamwork, and programming fundamentals.
- Brought leading technologists in from all over Kansas City to mentor.
- Build mentor list of 100+ technologists
- Maintained a 40% female attendee ratio.
- Maintained a >20% returning attendee ratio.
- Over 300 kids have attended since 2012.
SMSD CTE Advisory Board 2013-08-01 — 2014-12-01
KC STEM Alliance’s Girls in STEM Initiative 2013-11-01 — 2015-02-01
JCCC Young Women’s Conference 2014-04-01 — 2015-11-01
Drake University 2005-08-01 — 2009-05-01
- Webmaster - Alpha Kappa Psi
Missouri's Coolest Woman
2014 Silicon Prairie Champion Nominee
2014 Rising Trendsetter STEMMY award winner WiSTEMM
Outstanding Achievement in Internet Advertising – Best of Show Social Campaign, Best Consumer Goods Social Media Campaign
- Django Rest Framework
Test Driven Development
- unit testing