I’m a software developer since 2007. Specialized in web development with Python and Django. Previous experience with C as developer of GDAL PostGIS Raster driver and PostGIS Raster extension. Also experience as tech trainer.
Ontruck 2019-10-28 —
Ontruck is a package/freight delivery company with focus on regional & urban distribution
- Hired to develop and improve the company's current product and services to make the platform more efficient and scalable.
reclamador 2015-02-01 — 2019-10-25
Reclamador is a Spanish Legaltech startup with thousands of clients.
- Co-develop a CRM-like software to be used by lawyers. They handle thousands of simultaneous cases with the tool
- Co-develop the website of the company, connected with the CRM-like software
- Developed a NodeJS webservice to replace variable names with their values inside docx files. Based on docxtemplater tool and deployed as AWS Labda function. It's a core component of the company
- Deployed on DigitalOcean using Docker containers, ElasticSearch and AWS (I didn't set it up everything)
Pronoide 2016-01-02 —
Pronoide is a company that provides IT training from professionals to professionals
- More than 500 hours of experience as programming teacher
- Always got great feedback.
Carto 2014-10-01 — 2015-02-01
Carto is a company that provides a SaaS location intelligence platform
- Hired as product evangelist: connect with the GIS developer community, and provide support to product team
- Gave talks at several universities
- Created web solutions for companies based on Carto platform
BQ 2014-01-01 — 2014-10-01
BQ is a Spanish company that design, sell and distributes electronic devices.
- Modified 3D Game Engine “Penumbra: Overture”, written in C++, to connect it with a home lighting device
- Modified a C++ library to communicate with lighting devices, improving some of its parts, and added Python and Java bindings.
- Co-developed the firmware of IoT device, written in C and running under OpenWRT.
Geomati.co 2013-01-01 — 2014-01-01
Geomati.co is a freelance developers network.
- Co-designed and co-created a Django-based webapp for precision agriculture.
- Made improvements on an audio-guide tourist application, Django-based.
- Made improvements on GDAL PostGIS Raster driver for Rapideye company. I wrote the driver in 2009, as participant in Google Summer of Code.
- Co-developed an AniMove plugin for QGIS.
- Made bug fixes and some modifications on gvSIG CE to use GDAL 1.9 instead of GDAL 1.7.
Osomsoft 2012-11-01 — 2013-01-01
Osomsoft was a Software Development Remote Team.
- Created a Python based webapp to request holidays for companies.
- Integration with Google Apps.
- Deployed on Google App Engine.
Elecnor Deimos 2005-02-01 — 2012-11-01
Elecnor Deimos is a branch of Spanish Elecnor group. Their activities include end-to-end space missions, aerospace and maritime systems, and ICT solutions for transport, industry and telecom.
- Developed the company Intranet's web site modifying Joomla for company's needs
- Co-developed a web application aimed to test and approve mobile terminals for a Spanish Mobile carrier. Written in Java
- Developed a web project to manage and show 2G/3G/4G coverage on a webmap. Written in Python and connecting with GDAL, Mapinfo and Django. Still used for several Spanish mobile carriers
- Developed part of PostGIS Raster extension and GDAL PostGIS Raster driver, as part of Google Summer of Code program, using company time.
- Co-developed the PHP backend of a Foursquare mash-up, as a internal product and proof of concept
Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia - U.N.E.D. 2008-10-01 — 2010-06-30
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid 1998-10-01 — 2007-06-30
Instant Zurb Foundation 4 2013-09-15
Introduction to Zurb Foundation 4 framework
GIS en 2016: dónde nos encontramos 2016-06-06
Blog post about the state of the art of GIS in 2016
Backend Web Development
Trabajé con Jorge en mi etapa en Deimos Space. Fue el Scrum Master del equipo de trabajo donde me encargaba de la maquetación. Es un gran profesional, demostrando en todo momento sus dotes de gestión del equipo al igual que las de desarrollador. Una gran persona y excelente compañero.
— Carlos Azaustre, Senior Frontend Enginer at Eventbrite.
Jorge is a great project engineer, an excellent workmate. His commitment & devotion makes him a very valuable person.
— Victor Serrano, Senior System Integration Engineer at Thales Alenia Space.
Very organized, responsible and hard working colleague. Jorge is very autonomous and has a strong technical background. He is the kind of person you can trust in.
— Diego Abia, System Engineering Team Leader at European Space Agency.