Tokenized is a Bitcoin wallet for issuing, managing and trading digital tokens. I built out the front end which was packaged as an electron app. It was a difficult frontend to build because we store the users keys locally and used them to sign transactions and contracts.
Blockbid is an Australian crypto currency exchange. I started off on the frontend but eventually became lead tech and worked on every moving piece of the exchange. I really enjoyed working with liquidity providers and connecting their platforms to help us achieve liquid markets.
- React, Apollo, Styled Components
- Node.js / Rails
- Docker / Heroku / GCP
- Used Figma for design and UX work
- Optimizing markets with tens of millions of rows using SQL.
Built a very large and complex React / Redux application. It works on all platforms and has IOS/Android builds due to it being a PWA. (wrapped it in React Native though only implementing a WebView)
- Worked with Postgres, Redis and Dynamodb for storage.
- Hosted on a mixture of Heroku Apps and EC2 servers.
- Caching by Fastly and Cloudflare
- Hybrid app supported on all platforms
- Millions of sites use the CDN in production
- We serve hundreds of billions request a month
- Millions of developers visit the site per year
Hired to take EFF's campaigning to the next level by building an action centre in Ruby on Rails. The action centre is built around some large open source tools that lower the barrier to entry when contacting congress.
- Developed new tools for contacting congress
- Brainstormed campaign ideas to raise maximum awareness about issues
- Lots of social networking integration
- Managed a small team of developers and designers
- Built the entire frontend application with Backbone.js
- Transferred all of the infrastructure from Heroku to AWS
JSON Resume is a community driven open source initiative to create a JSON based standard for resumes. There is no reason why there can't be a common standard for writing a resume that can be extended with an ecosystem of open source tools.
- This resume is built with JSON Resume
- Over 3000 stars on Github
- Community developed themes
- Tens of thousands of users
Worked on many politically charged campaigns against mass surveillance. Not only technically challenging work but also a lot of networking and getting my hands dirty with politics. Our biggest project was "TheDayWeFightBack"..
- Generated 37,000,000 banner views
- 100, 000 phone calls to congress
- 500, 000 emails
- 250, 000 signatures
An international directory of civilian drone / UAV operators for hire. Services include aerial photography, aerial video, mapping, surveying, precision agriculture, real estate photography, remote inspections and infrared imaging. Our plan is to be the place to go when looking for UAV/Drone services. The website is built in Backbone.js and API is built with Node.js and Postgres.
- The site and blog combined have managed to receive over 200,000 visitors in 2014.
- Over two million unique visitors a year
- 25,000+ ebook downloads
- 300,000+ Youtube views
Ephox is a worldwide company who is heavily involved with the development of TinyMce and enterprise editors. My primary role included building front-end widgets and applications. Worked on a major product using Backbone.js as a base. Heavily involved in UI/UX design and wire-framing. Also spend a lot of time designing API specifications and documentation.